Double-glazed doors and windows have two layers of glass separated by a gap that operates as insulation by reducing conduction. Between the layers of glass, a gas, most often argon, regarded as a superior insulator to those with only a sealed pocket of air. In addition, because argon has a more significant density, it allows less heat to exit and less cold to enter.
Aluminium window frames make your place an architectural edge while providing excellent performance and functionality. Apart from these features, our aluminium windows feature several locking points, grill designs and mesh choices for better security. Furthermore, the aluminium window frames are high-quality materials that keep pollution, noise, dust, gale-force winds, and other outside elements out of your house or workplace.
Aluminium windows and doors are lightweight and easy to mould into unique designs. Moreover, double glazing allows aluminium windows and doors to limit heat transfer and sound transmission substantially.
The thickness of glass used in doors and windows is commonly influenced by performance, design objective and building codes.
Clear float glass with thicknesses ranging from 3-5mm used in most conventional residential windows. 4mm or 5mm clear toughened glass commonly used in doors. Tempered glass is perfect for large windows and doors because of its high durability and impact resistance, making it less likely to shatter when broken.
The advantages of double-glazed aluminium windows or doors include
- Slim frame parts that maximize visibility compared to the opening in the wall
- Powder-coated and colour anodized finishes offer for aluminium frames.
- Aluminium is lightweight and easy to handle; upkeep is inexpensive and straightforward.
- Corrosion protection
- Aluminium is a long-lasting material due to its strength and corrosion resistance.
What are the Benefits of Double-Glazed Windows?
- Energy Efficient: As Compared to houses with single glazed windows, double glazed windows are known to minimize heat loss in the winter and increase heat gain by up to 30% in the summer.
- Reduces Outdoor Noise: “Quiet glass” frequently used when discussing double glazed windows. It is because windows utilizing this technology have decreased outside noise by up to 90%.
- Low-Maintenance Durability: One of the critical advantages of having double glazed windows in your home is that you will not expect as much care as technology advances. The window areas should only wipe clean when it is open to remove lubricant residue, insect life, and airborne debris.
- Improves the value of your house: As the weather in Melbourne rises and falls each year, a place with double glazed windows becomes a more appealing feature to potential purchasers. New windows in your home that are of good quality, easy to maintain, and visually beautiful may significantly influence the value of your property.
- Your Windows Will Have Less Condensation: Double-glazed windows have two panes. The inner pane will keep warmer throughout the winter months, decreasing condensation.
- Environment-friendly and sustainable: Double-glazed windows decrease heat loss. Less energy needed to heat your house, resulting in lower energy costs. Sustainable double-glazed windows are the most accessible ways to save money while renovating a place. Furthermore, many materials used in double-glazed windows are recyclable.